Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I replace milk and eggs with other sources of protein, I imagine I'd be missing some components of what milk and eggs specifically offer. Anyone eat according to the Brewer's Diet without the dairy?

Thanks,
Lydia

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
I've never heard of the brewer's diet. But I just read a book, which I can't place my fingers on right now, something like the Parents Guide to Food Allergies, and it listed the nutrients which were in the top 8 allergens, and where else to find those nutrients. For cow's milk, all of the vitamins that are in it after pasteurization, are all fake anyway. You can get fat in other places, and calcium, and Vitamin D. For eggs, there are some specific nutrients, but as long as you have a healthy diet as a whole, it's not that big a deal.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanCrunchyMama View Post
If I replace milk and eggs with other sources of protein, I imagine I'd be missing some components of what milk and eggs specifically offer. Anyone eat according to the Brewer's Diet without the dairy?

Thanks,
Lydia
off topic perhaps but i like your website! im into w.a.p. too and when i was pregnant i was advised by my midwives to loosely follow the Brewer diet. basically my understanding of this diet is not that there is any magic to drinking milk and eating eggs but that these are cheap sources of protein and Dr. Brewer developed this diet to help poor women in the South avoid preeclampsia and other pregnancy problems related to poor diet.
basically you need at least 100 grams of protein a day and brewer recomends milk and eggs as cheap ways to satisfy this need but its actually easier, i think, to get 100 grams of protein eating meat or seafood. meat has way more protein per ounce then milk. just eat a nice steak, some tuna, salmon, fried clams, peanut butter, almond butter, egg and coconut milk custard,bacon,burgers ect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.