Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the PC the night of April 4th 2003 Using a free DSL trial, and I started to feel contractions. Not too bad, started timing them. Bio-idiot was out getting drunk, as per usual. So I thought nothing of it. Ctx were coming at a decent clip, and I started barfing. I called my midwife to tell her things were starting, and I was barfing, she told me to take some gravol and take it easy. It was gonna be a long while.

Well I followed advice, and konked out due to the anti-nausiant. Woke up when my water broke, thinking I peed the bed. checked, nope it wasn't pee, paged the midwife. Laid on my bed riding the transition train with my faithful Cat Stuffy by my side helping me through the contractions. (Bio Idiot was playing playstation) Midwives came, cat buzzed them in. (did I mention Bio-idiot was usueless?)

I started the uncontrolable pushing when they got there. Tried pushing on my side to slow things down so her backup could get there. (Only one midwife showed up so far) and then the birthing stool was brought out, and after about an hour and a half of pushing, my daughter was born.

Not very eventful..I slept through most of it...woke up for the most intense/important bit, latched DD on after the whole apgar thing, placenta delivery and tear stitching, and went back to sleep.

Lazy aint I?

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlec
Congratulations! And please don't put yourself down!
It happened almost three and a half years ago, but I'm still bitter by the total well, lack of support/abandonment I had during my birthing time. Totally alone. Sure the bio-idiot was in the same apartment, but he was using up the oxygen I could have used to breathe through contractions, that's how useless he was.

I had no one there till the pushing phase...just my cat.

So yeah, I'm bitter about the birth experience...just beacuse I had NO ONE...I'm grateful I have such a wonderful hubby who acctually wants to be there for the birth of my next child.

I had a pretty easy and really good labour/birth, just emotionally I felt totally abandoned at my most vulnerable time...My midwives weren't that supportive emotionally either. I'm not having them for this birth..I live in a totally different area now.

I figure with the impending birth of my second child only a mere 20 or so weeks away...I have to come to terms with the emotional abandonment that occured during the birth of my first...

gotta figure it out somehow...

*sigh*

·
Registered
939 Posts
it does seem like you had a difficult time emotionally and the only thing I can say about the experience again, is not to discount the use of a midwife. If you are in a different area then chances are that you will get different care. And, the great thing is that if you don't like your midwife (or if you don't get a good feeling about her) then you can use an OB dr.
just a thought...

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxinsmom
it does seem like you had a difficult time emotionally and the only thing I can say about the experience again, is not to discount the use of a midwife. If you are in a different area then chances are that you will get different care. And, the great thing is that if you don't like your midwife (or if you don't get a good feeling about her) then you can use an OB dr.
just a thought...
I have had only one appointment with the midwifery practice I'm seeing now. and I really do like them. Should bring up the whole emotional abandonment issue I had last birth...

I really need to process it before this one. Never really did it before, just shoved it at the back of my mind...

*sigh*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts