Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And here I was, thinking "gosh, I am lucky that I can still happily nurse with no pain..." yeah, right. It feels like when I had a 9 month stretch of Thrush in her first year. Is that normal? Or might I actually have thrush? Also, for those of you who have nursed during a pg before, when did your milk go away? I know it went away during my 2nd pg, i just dont know when...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
This is my first time nursing during pregnancy, so I'm not sure about the milk. I still have some milk, I can express some and ds says there is milk.

As to pain, oh yeah, it hurts! Super sensitive! It is most painful at the initial latch for a few seconds. I've never had thrush, so I can't compare it to that.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It feels like thrush to me too!! Ugh, it's pretty horrible. My DH does have a good laugh at some of the faces I make and things I say when she first latches (let's just say I'm doing my best not to swear, so funny things come out instead!). I'm also wondering when the milk will go away...right now my supply doesn't even seem like it's gone down.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yeah...it's painful alright! I feel bad because I think he thinks it's "his fault" that I don't want to nurse him...but ouuuuuuuuch! My supply has REALLY decreased..but, there is still some in there.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I'm not nursing right now, but during my last pregnancy, I was nursing and yes, it is painful and feels similar to thrush. {{{HUGS}}} I think it's hard to nurse while pregnant. I ended up weaning my oldest baby when I was in my 2nd trimester, b/c my milk dried up, but I am not sure if I would have lasted much longer past that, since I found it so uncomfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.