Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe TMI, but dh gets "friction burns" sometimes. I've talked to him twice about restoration, and twice he wasn't interested (and almost offended I discussed it with him.) He's also seen the Penn & Teller video, which even shows what restoration looks like! So should I keep bringing it up or just let it go? He's a huge intactivist, btw.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You've probably done this already, so just ignore this post if you have.

Try talking about restoration from HIS point of view, the advantages to HIM of restoring (no more friction burns, for example).

Hmmmmm.......I think I'll take my own advice and talk to my OWN dh about it again!
:

Edited to add: I capitalized the words above as a substitute for underlining, not as shouting. The underlining feature doesn't seem to work on my computer.
Good luck with your dh!

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by njeb View Post
Try talking about restoration from HIS point of view, the advantages to HIM of restoring (no more friction burns, for example).

Good point.......any ideas on the exact words to use?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by A&A View Post
Good point.......any ideas on the exact words to use?
A&A, I've been thinking about this all day, and I honestly am not sure what to say. The devil is in the details; I never was any good at debating! Anyhow, I think the reason I didn't succeed at interesting my own dh in restoring is that when I mentioned foreskin restoration to him, and said, "Hey! Look at this website!" I was soooo afraid of hurting his feelings and making him feel inadequate that I presented it more as "Look at what these weirdoes are doing!" rather than presenting it as something positive. I should have said something like "Wow! This guy said that after restoring, his penis was twice as sensitive!" What guy wouldn't want to make a good thing even better?

You did mention that he gets "friction burns." Maybe you could mention that if he restored, he wouldn't get these anymore.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just afraid I'm going to make it come out sounding like nagging, no matter how I try to say it, like, "You know, you wouldn't get those friction burns anymore if you'd have restored like I wanted you to!" That just wouldn't come out well, but I can't think of how else to say it.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Quote:

I'm just afraid I'm going to make it come out sounding like nagging, no matter how I try to say it, like, "You know, you wouldn't get those friction burns anymore if you'd have restored like I wanted you to!" That just wouldn't come out well, but I can't think of how else to say it.
Does he ever complain about the friction burns? After he complains would be the ideal time to maybe hand him a brochure on restoration. That way it would come across more as a suggestion and wouldn't become verbal nagging. Best wishes

love and peace.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Quote:

I like trmpetplaya's suggestion.
As to how to say it? I'm going to take your sentence above and reverse it. "If you restore, you won't get friction burns anymore." This turns the sentence into a simple "if......then" statement which is devoid of any judgment. I left out the "You know" and the "like I wanted you to!" The nagging comes in these phrases, not in the rest of it.
HTH!
If you have any more questions or concerns, just ask!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.