Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a Brio Train track set at my thrift today {$4 score!} - while it came with a small engine it's pretty plain, and DD is crazy about Thomas. Are there any of the Thomas trains that work with the Brio tracks?<br><br>
And on another related note - can you buy replacement parts for the track sets?

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Brio and the <i>wooden</i> Thomas (there are different sizes of Thomas, like take-along Thomas or whatever) work really well together. We started with a second-hand Brio set and Thomas bits just got added in over time and mostly due to gift generosity. The Ikea train sets also fit the Brio/wooden Thomas.<br><br>
And yes you can get all kinds of track pieces. I find them crazy expensive new, but often have gotten a deal used, or occasionally on a really good sale.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I used to work at a toy store and we sold both brio and thomas. the trains are 100% interchangeable, they both ride easily on either track system, but I can't guarantee that the tracks are. i think they'll fit together, but they look a little different. imo, brio is the higher quality product, but yeah, kids love the trains with the names and faces. i haven't seen any brio products lately, but that might be that all the good toy stores in my area have gone out of business over the last 10 years. i'd check online, maybe even ebay would have brio stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts