Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really disappointed... I bought this Britax Regent just over two years ago and the lower buckle is not fastening properly anymore. I have to try several times to get it to latch and I don't think it is really latching securely because the other day one of the straps came undone while we were driving.

I guess I will have to switch to a booster seat because I don't have a bunch of money for another Regent.

My DS is 5 now, so he's plenty old enough, but the 5 point harness is so much safer that I was hoping to use this for another year or two.

Anyway - do I have any other options? The Britax web site says a 1 year warranty for defects, obviously this is much longer than a year. I don't imagine anyone actually repairs car seats, do they? In a way that I can be sure it is properly repaired?

I guess the booster seat will take up less room... and squash the seat less... so that's something... but I'm really disappointed that this product broke so soon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyinMN View Post
Have you tried cleaning the buckle out? There are directions for soaking it in the manual. Sometime food and stuff can get stuck in there. If it doesn't clean out, then I would order a new buckle.
Ditto. Food/juice/other kid gunk can get in there and cause problems. You can soak the buckle in a cup of warm water (upside down so the strap is not submerged) and that should clear up any gunk.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I, and another friend, have had the same problem with a Britax buckle, although ours were both Boulevards. Like the other techs said, take it out, rinse it out, call, you might even get a new one for free, but if not, they are only $10 to order. Mine got here in about a week!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've had that happen in my Regent after my DD was eating in the seat (we don't normally allow food in the car). I was able to shake some gunk out and then I took a toothbrush to it and that loosened any find crumbs. I haven't had a problem since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.