Oh goodness, they are sooo adorable!

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
They are so sweet!

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Both sets of babies are SO cute! It's facinating how genetics work.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Wow that is incredible! Genetics are very interesting sometimes. Cute babies, too!

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
I can see how the odds of fraternal twins being born like that can be a million in one if you figire on the statistics of a interacial marriage times the statistics of fraternal twins times the statistics of one being lighter and the other being darker (which is how you determine the probability of multiple statistics). On the other hand, I know a few people who are in interacial relationships that have children who have blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin and their siblings are dark hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. You just never know!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
Wow that is incredible! Genetics are very interesting sometimes. Cute babies, too!

Yup, I agree 100%! What lovely babies.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
My SIL (half Tanzanian, half German) and my brother (we're American of mixed European descent: English, Irish, German, Swedish, etc...) have 3 children: the first two have the exact same ultra white skin that my brother and I have (the first child has red hair, the second child has blond hair), and the third has the exact same brown skin that my SIL has (and dark hair).

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Wow that's so cool! They really don't look like they are related at all. The one has curly hair and the other has straight hair, and the shape of their eyes and everything.

My oldest has skin color exactly between dh and I. Her little sister was born much lighter but has darkened to the same color as my oldest this past year. My MIL says babies don't often find their true color until they are about 3 years old.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post
I'm beginning to get skeptical that it is a 1/1,000,000 occurance.
I was thinking the same thing.... well that and does this only happen in the UK?

Cute babies!
JM

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.