"When she dipped a spoon into a jar of Heinz turkey rice with vegetables, Ms. Hankey came up with two dime-sized pieces of glass. "
I'm soooo glad I made my own food, but there was one time I gave her a bottle of sweet potato. I would be freaking out way more than this mom, I am sure!
Heinz has onlt set aside 17 jars for further investigation, and it sounds like they're only recalling the one flavour, but they really need to figure out how that glass got in there! That is so scary!
I've been hearing about this kind of thing WAY too often. Before it was poison now glass... granted it was a different situation with the poison but still! This is exactly why I plan on making all of DD's food when she starts eating solids. And, yet another reason I'm really glad she's exclusively breastfed. Just think what could happen if the parent weren't as attentive, poor baby!