Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not hers ... mine! i was picking Willow up and she head-butted me (her newest fascination is head-butting everything), rammed my nose straight upwards. OW! i iced it right away, so it's not swollen now but it's still stinging. i've had it broken like this once before so i recognize it and i know what to do, it's where the cartilege breaks apart from the bone. takes a few months to heal. in the meantime i can do a neat trick where i can fold my nose all the way over to either cheek

ok, so to tally up this week: i have 1 slightly broken nose, 4 big bruises on my inner thighs from her whomping her legs down hard during bottle-nursing, and my face, neck and arms full of scratches (no matter how much i file down her nails). she's just turned 8 months old and only weighs 16 lbs. but i swear she could take down a pro wrestler at this point! #1, is this normal?? #2 how long does this kind of thing go on, and #3, should i invest in protective gear??

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I would offer you a
but I'm afraid it would hurt you!

Yes, I think full-body armor is in order, or at least some hockey equipment. In the meantime, wouldn't it be funny to nickname your 8-month-old-daughter "Bruiser"?

~nick

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Bruiser, too funny!

Sorry your little one hurt you. I have been head butted on my head and various parts and boy does that hurt! Not much you can do to avoid it, sorry. How long does it go on? Forever. My 5 year old still catches me when he runs into me for a hug.

Doreen

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Ow!! So sorry!! that happened to my GF recently only it was by her 2 yr old neice and she wasn't as blase' about it.

I remember well the months when I told DH that someone was bound to report him for spousal abuse cause I look like a battered woman. I don't know if we just haven't gotten to that phase with DS2 yet or if I've just gotten better at dodging the blows, lol!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.