Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="color:#008080;">Okay, I am about 2 seconds away from tearing my ears off my head, and teaching my daughter sign language. This child not only talks 24/7 (yes, in her sleep too!) but she gets stuck on words or something and this morning on the way home from the dentist she said the phrase, "Over There, Mommy?" 31 times in a row!! What is up with that? Any other toddlers on here doing that?</span>

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is with that?<br><br>
I *know* that language is what she is working on right now...<br>
I *know* that this too shall pass...<br><br>
BUT I can so identify with wanting to pull the ears off of my head!<br><br>
The only thing I can add is that the repeating thing seems to happen more when she is tired or stressed, so maybe the dentist triggered it with your little one?<br><br>
Also, this one is a long shot but my son, now 7, ended up having an allergy to red dye that caused him to repeat the first parts of his sentences (as well as get Really angry) but it sounded like, "mommy I... mommy I... mommy I... mommy I.... mommy I... Mommy I need to ... Mommy I need.... Mommy I need to .... mommy I need to get a drink." Absolutely heartbreaking. The good news is, No red dye = no repeating.<br><br>
I'm guessing that the repeating you are talking about is the kind my Dd is doing now, she is 2 and just talking non-stop and sometimes saying the same thing OVER and OVER. IT helps me to stay calm if I respond to her that I've heard her and repeat the sentence back to her with a question added on, like, "Yes! You see something over there." "What do you see?"<br><br>
Deep breaths mama.<br><br>
(((Hugs)))<br>
Jenni

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Me too! I thought maybe it was a stutter--she'll say "and then I, and then I, and then I..." maybe 20 times before she gets the sentence out.<br><br>
It's come totally out of nowhere, and I've been wondering what it's all about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts