Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not warned about the challenges of being a mother. I never knew what tired truly was, until I had a baby! OMG. I was a zombie for an entire year. I honestly believe that I have PTSD from the sleep deprivation. I never got pregnant again. Maybe I just weren't tough enough. My sleep consisted of two hours here and one hour there. That broken sleep is no joke. I know many of you know exactly what I mean. It was rough but I survived it. Thank Goodness! My daughter is a dream so she was worth it all. I now have friends with babies. They are experiencing those sleepless night. I recommended this book to be of some type of help. It may do the same for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think babies have no formulas. there are some others which are quiet in the afternoon and cry alot at night while others are always quiet. Baby girls seem not to be stubborn but most baby boys cry a lot.
I have 3 kids now. What I discovered is breast feeding the best weapon to silence a crying baby.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was not warned about the challenges of being a mother. I never knew what tired truly was, until I had a baby! OMG. I was a zombie for an entire year. I honestly believe that I have PTSD from the sleep deprivation. I never got pregnant again. Maybe I just weren't tough enough. My sleep consisted of two hours here and one hour there. That broken sleep is no joke. I know many of you know exactly what I mean. It was rough but I survived it. Thank Goodness! My daughter is a dream so she was worth it all. I now have friends with babies. They are experiencing those sleepless night. I recommended this book to be of some type of help. It may do the same for you.

It's important to get sleep in long enough doses so that you go through complete sleep cycles. We normally have 4-6 full cycles, from light sleep to full REM and back, per night. So that must mean cycles are 1.5 to 2 hours. But doing it all in one 8-hour span is not critical.

And if you're awakened, don't panic. As your pediatrician probably told you, we often wake at the light point of the cycle - possibly even opening our eyes - and with nothing to stimulate or alarm us we fall right back to sleep without remembering it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts