Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I dunno if my birth 2 years ago is valuable to you or not but i had an amazing birth at BBC. I did not transfer to Maimonides, so I don't know anything about how the hospital is if you have to transfer. I will say that at BBC I felt there was a really good balance of not being scared to let me have a nice long labor, and not being afraid to transfer care if needed. I started having non progressing contractions on Thursday evening, eventually a membrane sweep on Saturday and smooth easy birth on Sunday. I was able to have my family there and I was able to take my little peanut home that evening. It was perfect, I was well supported and felt really cared for. If I hadn't moved I'd be birthing there again.
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Maimonides is EXTREMELY busy. It shows. It's not a bad hospital and its stats on vaginal birth are good, but your experience there can be a mixed bag. I've heard good ones, and I've heard "My roommate had visitors all night and no one kicked them out and I got no sleep." I do know a couple of people who did decide not to use the BBC because they didn't want to risk transfer there (one chose not to use them a 2nd time after she did have a transfer).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very interesting post! I just spoke with a woman on another message board who used BBC and Maimonides. She ended up with a cs but was able to hold and nurse baby in the OR. I have been looking for a place that would allow me to do that if I needed a cs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gave birth at BBC in March of 2011 to my 3rd. My midwife also delivered my second baby in 2008 at a hospital. I loved BBC! Only amazing and positive experiences from start to finish and my daughters birth was by far the hardest and longest of all three of my kids. Go figure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
How were they as far as a mother concerned with avoiding vaccinations and the vitamin k shot? The more I research on those topics the more natural child birth appears to be the smartest choice. Sticking a needle into a precious new bundle of joy sounds insane, especially with substance that have shown some bad side effects.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.