Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a new Brooklyn Mamas thread. There was a meet-ups thread a while back, and a new/expecting moms thread that a few of us jumped onto, but I figured maybe if there was a new "general" one we could all find it easier.

All Brooklyn moms welcome! Share recommendations, organize playgroups, announce events or exciting news, whatever!

If there already is one of these, please let me know, otherwise, go nuts!
:

·
Registered
450 Posts
We live in Baltimore but are in Brooklyn at least once a month and have considered relocating but, my oldest has some developmental delay issues and I haven't been able to find any info on educational programs to match his current IEP. Anyway, we follow my husband when his office calls him North and my kids and I enjoy walking in Brooklyn Heights and visiting the Transit Musuem ( a must on every visit ). If anyone has any info on the elementary schools in the area that you could pass along I would appreciate it.

Thanks, gerlassie

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey, thanks for starting this thread.

I'm writing while nursing my 1 month old darling (for the 2nd hour straight, I might add....!) and I'm excited to connect more with other brooklyn mamas - new mamas, wise & experienced mamas, whatever.

In particular I'd love to organize more meet-ups.

Oops, gotta go, diaper is calling...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi,
I remember the other thread - I wasn't able to make the meet ups at the time, LO was fussy and we had so many visitors. But that said - I'd love to meet up now - I could really use to get our of the house and meet some moms! I'm a full time grad student staying at home with LO. My DS is 5 months and we're in the south slope area.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oh I forgot...any ideas on what to do during the winter? I feel like I'm stir crazy and house bound. DS rolls, scoots and sits up so I'm assuming pretty soon he'll be mobile. I don't mind taking him out as long as it isn't too frigid.

Isn't there some sort of thing at the Tea Lounge on Wed. mornings?

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
The Aquarium is in Coney Island and it is really fun.

I have 2 kids - 6.5 years and 19 months and we are in Clinton Hill.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Next week Wednesday would be fun for us. Not sure if that would work for others, but throught I would throw it out there as a possibility.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hi there! In Cobble Hill here with a 2-month-old and would love to meet up with some other Brooklyn mamas. Any ideas for cold weather activities with a baby?

·
Registered
621 Posts
We've been trying to make the Brooklyn Children's Museum for a while now. They have a dedicated toddler area and under one year olds are free admission. We're in Williamsburg.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Should we try for a meet up in next week or so? We'd love to do the Aquarium and the museum, we'd just love to meet up and get out and about. Tuesdays/Thursdays and Fridays work for well for us. I just signed up for a music class with Audra Rox on Thursday mornings.
We're also open for playdates if anyone wants to PM us. DS is 5 months old but a pretty able little chunk...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I'm a Brooklyn mom-to-be, due in March. I live in the south slope also and I'm really busy right now with work (I teach in Carroll Gardens) but when baby comes I'm sure I'll be wanting to get out at some point!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrforbes View Post
Should we try for a meet up in next week or so? We'd love to do the Aquarium and the museum, we'd just love to meet up and get out and about. Tuesdays/Thursdays and Fridays work for well for us.
We could do Tuesday or Thursday next week.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just introducing myself. I live in Kensington, and I'm expecting my first baby in...oh, let's say a month. BrooklynDoula, aka Megan Davidson, is my doula! (Hi, Megan!)

I would love to connect with other expectant or brand new moms in Brooklyn.

-- Melissa

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojobot2000 View Post
Just introducing myself. I live in Kensington, and I'm expecting my first baby in...oh, let's say a month. BrooklynDoula, aka Megan Davidson, is my doula! (Hi, Megan!)

I would love to connect with other expectant or brand new moms in Brooklyn.

-- Melissa
Hey! Welcome to Mothering!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.