Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My dd is a little over 11 months and since about 2 weeks now I have been having some blood tinged cm ( I check it, but I have had some very slight spotting as well). We want to start ttc #2 that is why I am eager to catch first eggie!
The first time around I thought it was ovulation bleeding and started counting dpo, but after 14 days I got nothing so I know I didn't ovulate. I am definately not pregnant by the way.
What I don't understand is, if my body is trying to gear up for my period shouldn't I be ovulating first at 11 months pp? I thought it was the longer you are pp the more likely you will have an ovulatory cycle?
Would love to hear from anyone who had a similar scenario with the recurring brown cm and all. BTW, the rest of the time my cm has been yellow and recently more and more dry.

Thank you!

· Registered
837 Posts
First - I *think* you only have about a 6% chance of ovulation before your first PPAF from 6-12 months.

Second - I did have a period of dark browish/black discharge before my PPAF with my DD1, but not DD2 (the 8 year old in my siggy is my adopted stepdaughter). If I remember correctly it was about 3 or 4 weeks before my first PPAF......although I am not sure if I miscarried early that first time - I just know I bled ALOT more than I did the second time around. My DD1 was a cecarean though, so maybe that is why

I think that you should be expecting something from your body pretty soon........of course that is just my experience though!

- I know how frustrating it is PP! I was never anxious to TTC either, so I can only assume how much harder THAT is!

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm interesting... my discharge is more like regular cm mixed with streaks of bright red actually. Very strange in many many months of charting pre pregnancy I had never come across this.
Anyway, I hope you are right that I can expect something soon. It is hard to wait it out...Especially since #1 took 16 months to conceive.
I think it's average to get it at about 14 months, so hoping it shouldn't be long now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.