Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 new BSWW that I have been using on my 2 yr old with toddler IPF's and the covers leak all the time! My DS will have it on for 1 hr and the cover will be soaked and so will his clothes. If BSWW do not work for him what else can I use, I need something simple and cheap! Thanks for any info

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like the Motherease Air flow covers, they are quite full covering and we have never had a leak, plus they have snaps that adjust at the waist and legs. I believe they are under 10 dollars and they come in all sorts of cute animal patterns.

http://www.motherease.com/database/s...09a0f43&Loc=US

I find the bsww leak on my toddler too, they seem too short in the rise and come down too low in the front especially.

Jessie

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Yep, they leak.
Try Proraps if you are on a budget. I like AF covers, too, but they are not as trim under pants as Proraps are.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just can't figure out what makes BSWW leak... some have no problems for years, and others seem to have leaks right away. We love them, but proraps are usually leakproof and inexpensive, too!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Throwing your BSWW in the dryer every once in awhile on hot will help them to stay leakproof. It causes the PUL to reseal tiny holes that may have developed over use (actually, it helps any PUL cover to be thrown through the dryer on hot now and again.) The BSWW are designed to go through the dryer. (Bummis told me to put my covers through the dryer though I only throw them in every now and again because I always think it'll help them to last longer.)

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jes'sBeth
Throwing your BSWW in the dryer every once in awhile on hot will help them to stay leakproof. It causes the PUL to reseal tiny holes that may have developed over use (actually, it helps any PUL cover to be thrown through the dryer on hot now and again.) The BSWW are designed to go through the dryer. (Bummis told me to put my covers through the dryer though I only throw them in every now and again because I always think it'll help them to last longer.)
Mine seem to leak from the leg bindings right between her legs at the crotch area, because that's where she's peeing the heaviest. There is a semi circle of wetness around the leg bindings. That tells me it's probably not small holes, just a bad design or materials. It's a shame because they are my trimmest covers.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I quit using our BSWW because they seem to leak and I hate that the inside of them gets wet if the pee touches it, so you have to change covers all the doggone time. I switched to covers with just PUL on the inside covered by a cotton print, or fleece pants.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much ladies!
I am going to try some proraps and a motherease and see what happens! How about the Bumkins? They work well for my 14mth old do any of you know how they will work for a 2 yr old? They are so cute

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
just out of curiosity, are the IPFs well broken in? when i first started CDing my oldest, our bummis leaked horribly... then i realized the prefolds weren't absorbing enough. i stripped them and problem solved.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I've never had a problem with my Bummis leaking, but then I have a chunk too. I've heard of the leg leaking problem in babes with thinner legs, so maybe they're just made for a chunky thigh?

We don't care for the Bumkins, that one we always wick out the top/front.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.