Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it would be safe to take bubble baths while ttc? I use *kinda expensive*
: handmade bubble bars and bath bombs from a UK/Canadian company that are highly scented and colored with mostly natural oils, flowers, fruits, herbs and fragrances. Is it bad to have the soap, color, scents "down there?" Should I avoid bubble baths only while close to ovulation? Or could they create a hostile environment and reduce chance of conception at any time of the month?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oregonduck View Post
I was wondering if it would be safe to take bubble baths while ttc? I use *kinda expensive*
: handmade bubble bars and bath bombs from a UK/Canadian company that are highly scented and colored with mostly natural oils, flowers, fruits, herbs and fragrances. Is it bad to have the soap, color, scents "down there?" Should I avoid bubble baths only while close to ovulation? Or could they create a hostile environment and reduce chance of conception at any time of the month?
I'm not sure about the bubbles. I think it's okay if you're not rubbing them on your vulva or in your vagina. I would maybe avoid it during ovulation just in case it messes things up but I don't know the exact "rule" in regards to that. I do know that you should avoid getting it overly hot... that's the hardest thing for me about being pregnant... believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
As far as taking the baths during TTC, go for it! My personal belief is that I just go on living my life normally during TTC. However, I may hold off during ovulation. Not sure if it would affect CM or not. I think that the vagina collapses on itself with nothing in there, so it would probably be OK though.

As far as during pregnancy, I think the rule is to not raise your temp more than 2 degrees. So if you keep the water mild you should be OK. Baths are usually OK too because the water starts cooling immediately. It's hot tubs with continuous high temps that are dangerous.

HTH!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
just adding to the great comments above, keep enjoying your baths -- staying relaxes and stress-free (or less stessed) is a great boost to TTC!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts