Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>When the dh and family asked what I wanted for xmas this year I told them bulbs, and a tiller.  Sis got me 200 ice follies daffodils, and dh got me 60 daffodils 'kedron' (orange/gold), 60 daffs 'tete a tete (mini yellow), 80 oxalis mixed, and 9 allium shubertii, which have humongous purple sprays of blooms. After the ice storm tonight the ground should be soft enough to plant this weekend.  And I strongly suspect ma got me a mantis for my veggie garden.  Yeah!!!!!  The woodland front yard is going to be so pretty this spring, and I don't have to hand turn that giant azz veggie garden anymore.  happy happy happy dance!</p>

·
Registered
317 Posts
<p>What a great gift!  I will be getting some fruit trees in the spring as an early birthday present from DH.  Who needs shiny things when I can start growing my own apples and cherries?</p>

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
<p>I got a box of bulbs one year for Christmas from a great friend and thought it was a wonderful idea!  She dug them up out of her yard and gave us those plus a frozen home made quiche.  I'd MUCH rather get stuff like that!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts