Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My mw doesn't do internals but after our appt yesterday I got very curious because she remarked how much the baby had dropped. I've been feeling it too, so I checked. I had last checked not too long ago just to see what I could feel and I felt the typical mushy cervix, felt the plug in there too from what I could tell.
Checked yesterday and all I feel is smooth, then a balloony bouncy type thing in the middle. The sac I'm assuming!!! Probably about the size of a quarter or more in diameter.
So why haven't I had any bloody show or plug coming out if this is the case?
Just curious......
I haven't really had any other contrax other than regular bh so I don't feel any closer than I did before I had this info. And who knows how long I've had this bulgy bag anyway lol!
Stories, words of wisdom....
Thanks

Karen

·
Registered
699 Posts
I never saw my mucus plug with either pregnancy, and I don't recall having a bloody show with my second pg at all. With the first one there was a tiny bit of bloody show after my water broke, if I remember correctly (labor started with my water breaking that time).

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
I never saw one with my first baby. Even after my water broke and everything.

Your's could have plopped into the toilet during a middle of the night pee too, who knows what happens to all these mucous plugs, I know lots of women, including myself, who never even see it.

I saw one with my second during labor when I wiped after peeing sometime during transition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts