Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok these answers might be on the website, but I can't find them<br><br>
I'm interested in getting a few, some for super ease (like babysitter) some just for us.<br><br>
Ok so my questions:<br><br>
If I get "quick dry" does that negate the "super easy baby sitter" feature? Dh and I are fine with folding and snaps and such but I'm thinking of a 17 year old baby sitter.<br><br>
Also do you need/recommend getting the doublers, if they are just for daytime? Again for my babysitter diapers I'm thinking not.<br><br>
Also I know alot of it is personal preference but what combo do you<br>
like best?

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
I wouldn't get the QD...but I *hate* matching up a bazillion different snap-ins, so that's just me.<br><br>
I would go ahead and get a few doublers...if for no other reason than if your out and about and she's in the dipe longer than you expect, the extra absorbancy might really be a blessing!! For your babysitter I wouldn't worry about it much, if you know she'll change her regularly.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hmmm.. personally, dryer time is a big deal to me. ALL our diapers dry in one dryer cycle now, and it would drive me batty to have one that didn't so we always go quick dry. I don't think quick dry would make the diaper any more difficult because you'll most likely need to use the included doubler anyway (the sewn in soaker is 4 layers of flannel plus two layers that line the diaper.. unless you have a VERY light wetter, that won't be enough, but included in the price, you also get an additional lay in doubler of 4 layers of flannel).<br><br>
I wouldn't worry about it making it any more difficult for the sitter.<br><br>
As for the doublers.. you get one with every diaper.. 4 layers of flannel.. included in the price. Depending on your wetter, you might want to add some hemp doublers. It adds some bulk, but a LOT of absorbency. I'd say get at least one to try because it makes the diaper awsome for those times you can't change right away (like in the car on the interstate *L*) or for naps.. you just can't go wrong with her doublers. They are cut into a really nice conotured shape.<br><br>
If I had to order again (my babe just potty learned), I'd get for daytimes for my heavy wetter, the regular quick dry with a fleeced topped hemp doubler. BUT, if I didn't have a heavy wetter, I'd go with the regular quick dry with fleece on the doubler.<br><br>
We LOVE the AIO we have and I plan to order lots more if we have another baby.<br><br>
Amber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts