Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enthusiastically bought 12 BumGenius 2.0 for my 8 week old thinking that this would be a great investment- diapers to last until he's done. Unfortunately, they leak about 50% of the time. I will literally put a diaper on him and pee will shoot out the back or the side, depending on how he's laying. I don't have any problem with leaks if I am holding him upright. Based on a ton of experimentation, I think that the inserts that come with the BumGenius just don't absorb fast enough so the pee goes right out. My son is not a supersoaker nor have I ever had leaking problems with any other dipe, including Fuzzi Bunz.<br><br>
So I'm not super happy about buying more inserts but I want to make these dipes work.<br><br>
What's your favorite, most absorbent, best fitting insert for the BumGenuis 2.0? And will they grow with the dipe or will I need to buy multiple sizes?<br><br>
Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the inserts... maybe your fleece is repelling the pee?

·
Registered
915 Posts
They don't recommend using the OS inserts that come with the BG's for smaller babies/newborns.....check out cottonbabies and read the description under the BG's....they tell you something that works better until they are bigger....I think they are called hemp little weeds but not positive about that.<br><br>
For when your baby is older, I like using a hemp insert underneath my MF insert inside my pocket....the MF will soak the pee up super fast and bring it down to the hemp and hemp absorbs a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts