Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these work on newborns and through the ebf (ie. runny poops!) phase?

I have never tried the AIO's, but I know the covers I have tried don't get a very tight seal on the legs like other covers I have.

If you've tried the AIO's, what do you think?

·
Registered
404 Posts
IMO no they aren't the best for nb's.. neither are kooshies (kushies). When first cloth diapering my son I tried them and they didn't elasticize enough in the legs to hold the runny bf poo in. I found much better luck with dipes that had tighter elastic and were QD (not so many layers so they elasticized tighter) and also serged work great for nb's. HTH. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I really like turned style AIO's and also serged. Both work great for nb's. I think having microfleece on the inner really helps to allow the poo to "stick" to it and help keep the mess in too and with turned style dipes often the micro rolls out a bit at the leg.. so that helps too. Topstitching didn't work as well as it allowed for some gaps at times. I also had a REALLY good fit with foldover elastic trim AIO's. Probably the best for holding it in as the binding hugged the legs. I personally love beccabottoms AIO's but I'm bias
(don't even know if I'm "allowed" to answer your question really). I also liked little lambs AIO's.. but they do run very small and like any cotton outer serged dipe they can wick. With our last dd though.. we used mostly covers and prefolds snappi'd. Although I did make a few AIO's and pockets... and am starting to move towards more AIO's now as she is outgrowing smalls. Here are some pictures of my dd (12 weeks right now) as a newborn in some of her dipes.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/the5dunlaps/my_photos Her pics are under Sarah....

Good luck and congrats!!

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I like them a lot, but I never tried them with ds as a newborn, he was like 3 months when I bought these, and when I use prefolds I love the Bumkins wrap. I agree that the prorap AIO is much better for a newborn probably because it's sturdier..

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
How far along are you? I pray this is the one!
We are planning on ttc in Aug of this year. Of course that will mean bedrest immediately which is why I'm not ttc during the summer when my oldest is out of school. I want to have fun and swim and stuff with him!! Congratulate Grant for me. LOL Hugs to you. I never used an all in one on a newborn. So I'm no help! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts