Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I'm new to this forum (thanks, TracyMom2Three for pointing it out to me!) and was wondering what everyone's experience and thoughts on Bumkins AIOs were. My dryer is broken and I cannot hang-dry outside, so drying is slow going for most of my cloth diapers. The HH and FB dry quickly, but I only have 5 HH for each boy and one FB for the youngest. Bumkins appear to cost about the same as a FB, only without the insert requirement. How well does it work and how fast does it dry? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
They work well in terms of not wicking. They're not the most absorbent diapers, however, as there are only a couple of layers of flannel as a soaker. I find that I add a doubler just in case. They're nice a trim, though. The problem with line-drying them (and they usually dry overnight inside) is that they get VERY stiff feeling.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I agree. They aren't that absorbent, so I add a doubler or change him in 1 1/2 hours
They are super easy to use, though, which makes them great for husbands and mil's and such. They do get stiff if line dried, but dry quickly.

HTH
Kristi

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I fogot to add- if you want a great quick dry aio, try the "Quick dry AIO" from www.grannysark.com they are SUPER ABSORBENT and dry quickly! The hemp/fleece tri-fold unsnaps so you can hang it separately from the diaper part, and they really do dry quickly.

Kristi

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I have 2 Bumkin AIOs, and I line dry them most of the time. I think they dry quicker than HH of FB inserts. They are easy to use, and seem to work alright. You could easily add a doubler of you need to change less often. I think they make a pretty good day time dipe

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I used to say that I didn't like them, but now I love them. Here's why:

They aren't great for newborn breastfed poo - just not absorbent enough, and the legs aren't snug enough.
They are great, though, for a trim diaper bag diaper for an older baby.
They are really, really easy for a non-CDing babysitter to figure out.
My first Bumkins AIO had some problems with the velcro coming unstitched, but my two newer ones are just fine, despite being dried in the drier every time. I'm sure they would air-dry just fine, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.