Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some reviews. I was curious about them since they have some cute new prints and look nice and comfy. Do they wick like crazy, though?

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
I only tried one Bummis, and it did not work for us. Maybe I got a lemon, but it wicked and did not hold in the breastfed poop explosions.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I used these briefly a year & 1/2 ago w/dd, but was so new to cd that I know I didn't get the full benefit of them. In the meanwhile I was buying other covers & ended up selling these on the tp...wish I had them back for ds. Despite my ignorance, I didn't have any problems with wicking. I had velcro & did have a problem getting a good fit on my skinny minney...but that could have been how I folded the diaper too (did I say I was very new to cd? :LOL ).

They are VERY lightweight & I think very comfortable for the babies.

There are prints? Where?? (Like I need more covers!)
HTH
nak

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the trim fit of the original, with a prefold it can be trim as a disposable. I wish that it came in a snapping version like the SIWW does.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Be warned: they run small! I bought a medium one time and it almost looks like a newborn cover (well I am stretching that one a bit). But I bought it back when ds was in size small and it was still to little for him.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The size range for the originals is completely different than the SIWWs and Whisper pants. For example:

Med SIWW/whisper pants: 15-30 lbs.

Med Original: 13-20 lbs.

Large SIWW: 30-40 lbs.

Large Original: 20-28 lbs.

See?
I have goofed more than once buying these!

That said, they are great as swim dipes! They just aren't cut full enough in the front panel to cover a fitted dipe, and the velcro is wicky, and stiff and can scratch since it goes right to the top. We only use them for swimming now.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i have 4 original wraps that i used for my first ds, my niece, and now my newborn .. after 3 kids, i still have no wicking problems! they do run small though, and if you use prefolds, i'd recommend using a snappi too, to keep in BF poopies!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Angela, here they are:
http://www.borntolove.com/catalog5j.html
I like the new prints.
The velcro doesn't *look* like it comes all the way up to the edge of the waist....
:
I guess it says right there they aren't good for heavy wetters. The thing is, sometimes a diaper is on long enough to get soaked and you just never know when that could happen. I like a cover to hold things in well during those times.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oooooh, those are pretty darn cute!! Gonna have to put that site aside for next summer's swim diaper!! LOL

Thanks Holly, I think! :LOL

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RunnerDuck~
Thanks for the link to the reviews, that helped a lot. Looks like I may be getting it for ds for a swim diaper, but not a diaper cover. I think I'll stick with the Bumpy Day cover. It's really working out better than I'd have imagined.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts