Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just typing that intro makes it sound bad. I was wondering if any moms have had this experience. I haven't seen it before, for this long, and my naturopath wasn't sure or really concerned...

My son has about 4 small bumps on his forhead off to the side kind of closer to his temple area. (But definately NOT on the temple). The bumps have been moving around. They used to be bunched together into one bigger bump and are now spread out and very distinct individual bumps. They have been going down so I haven't been freaking out too much but they do seem to flare up when he has a little cold or something is challenging his immune system. He also has a bump on each leg on the front of his shin bone. Those have also gone down a lot. They seemed to start when he had a reaction to some strawberries (I think) back in Mayish. He got a hive like rash.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...

Anyone?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I'd get an opinion from a doctor. I've heard of lymph nodes that swell when the child is fighting a virus, or having allergy issues, in which case they are not a big deal. I had a couple on my neck that stayed up all through my childhood. I've noticed that when DD was younger, she had similar on the base of her skull area, and Mom told me that one of my sisters had that in the same location too back when she was little.

I've never heard of that happening towards the front of the head or on the legs, though I am also not a doc.

It could "just" be an allergy thing, but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya that is what is so strange. It isn't around lymph nodes at all. ? I believe he did have this in ths spring though...erythema nodosum. I think it is the reminants of that. They aren't tender, come more with illness and I am fighting a cold or something now so I am sure he is too.
: I have a feeling that is why they have gotten a little bigger lately. ?

Anyway, thanks for the reply! Personal experience is the best information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts