Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD has had these bump like things on her front side for awhile. Sometimes they are noticable, sometimes not. They are not a different color then her skin, and they are barely raised. Hard to actually feel to the touch, but are noticable to the eye.

Any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...
Well, i guess it could be, but I really wouldn't think so as I keep her pretty cool.
I also thought a heat rash would be red?
Hmmm
I'll look into this more.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Well, I have noticed this on my dd too a few times. They're not red, barely raised. I just keep an eye on it and it seems to just fade away after a few days.
It could be a release of something that she is reacting to in your milk. Have you had anything different to eat or in larger quantity at the onset of the bumps..?

·
Registered
726 Posts
...I wouldn't worry too much about the bumps.

It might be a little early for tomato, I just asked my wife (she's read all the books on the baby feeding process) and she said to limit tomato for the first year.

When I was about 8, I would visit my grandparents and eat so many homegrown tomatos my ass would break out in a rash.

BTW, when your lil' one starts getting the childhood diseases come over to the vax board for info on sailing through them.

My son's measles at 19 months was absolutely perfect with breastmilk, Vit.A (cod liver oil), Vit. C, and goodpapa's probiotic yogurt.

Good luck,

Ray

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ray-
Oh believe me, I am at the Vax board regularly- lurking and learning!

I noticed the bumps were around her mouth today, so i do think it was the tomatoe. Too bad.

Thanks so much for your reply!

·
Premium Member
12,833 Posts
Red bumps can indicate a food allergy. For years I got these whenever I ate whole wheat- I know someone whose pediatrician noticed similar bumps on her toddler and said it was classic wheat reaction and to take the child off wheat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.