Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM OVER SCHOOL> I AM OVER THE BIRTH CENTER> I WANT TO QUIT! MOVE TO A STATE WHERE CPM IS "GOOD ENOUGH" AND FORGET THIS FORMAL SCHOOL $#!& AND GET ON WITH IT!!!

Formalizing Direct Entry Midwifery really blows! Licensing sucks.

We have made Midwives into laterally violent bitches like the hospital nurses and lost the art of traditional Midwifery to the dehumanizing, right stripping, medicalization of birth!

I hate it. AND, the only way to change it is to get through the system and work at fixing it from the inside ...... rather than throwing stones from the outside. It is going to be hard and I DO NOT FEEL LIKE DEALING WITH IT!!!!!

Thanks for the moment to gripe, I feel a little better.

IN FLORIDA,
MICHELLE
:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
No need to duck, Michelle. I couldn't agree with you more. I have big issues with the FL midwifery laws and the requirements to become a midwife in that state. There's a small movement in Louisiana to model a midwifery education program off of the Miami-Dade midwifery school. I can't decide how I *really* feel about it, ya know? We have nothing in place for students right now, but all sorts of requirements, so in one way it'd be nice. In other ways...heck NO!

I'm sorry

·
Registered
627 Posts
(((Michelle))) Vent away!

If the kind of rules they have in Fl are the price we would pay to get medicaid reimbursement in Tx, I'll stick with what we've got. Actually the TX law and system are pretty fine afa LM/DEM stuff goes.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I totally agree!!! I am not too fond of the midwifery laws in Florida myself either. I think that all states should base their midwifery laws on those we have here in Oregon! I feel very lucky to live here as a future midwife, but I think it is awesome that you are doing what you are doing to try to change it from the inside.

Hang in there.

And, if it comes down to it, you could always move to beautiful Oregon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts