Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there<br>
I'm tired and burned out in the kitchen. I have no problem with dinners (thanks Krankedyann), but we are wearied of left-overs for lunch and meat dishes for 2 or 3 out of 3 meals a day. I'm attempting vegetable fried rice for lunch today. I'll see how that goes over.<br><br>
Can you please share your EASY lunch recipes with me?<br><br>
Thank you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
In order from easiest to most complicated. All are delicious.<br><br>
1. Broil cheedar cheese on top of whole wheat bread. You can sneak some raisins and walnuts under the cheese if you like that sort of thing.<br><br><br>
2. Spread some mayonnaise on a Wasa whole grain cracker, top that with a spread of pesto and then a slab of muenster or monterey jack cheese.<br><br><br>
3. I make salmon salad with chopped celery and onion, using canned salmon. I remove the skin but leave the bones for calcium. Then I put the salmon salad on a Wasa cracker and top it with cottage cheese.<br><br>
4. In the summer, I make a vegetable bruschetta:<br><br>
* Chop red bell peppers, carrots, celery and cucumbers into a pretty fine dice. Add olive oil, S&P, whatever herbs you like.<br>
*Then make a pesto mayonnaise.<br>
* On toast rounds or Wasa crackers, spread a little pesto mayo and on top of that pile as much of the veggie mix as you can, and eat it quickly. It's messy but addictive and pretty healthy.<br><br>
If you're bothering to chop all those veggies, you might as well make a big batch and then you can keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.<br><br><br>
Can you tell that I love pesto mayonnaise?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts