Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, my lips started getting a little tingly, then a day or two later, they started to feel really tight, turned bright red (like they were burned) and started to feel like they were burning. Now, the top layer of skin is peeling, but not like regular chapped lips, but a fine peeling. I have no blisters and it's both top and bottom lips.

So far I have tried tons of lip balms, bag balm, coconut oil, rubbing my lips with a wet towel and then putting lip stuff on, etc. I am also taking Carlson's cod liver oil and vitamins.

Does anyone have experience with this? Any suggestions? It's becoming miserable.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump...anyone?

After searching endlessly online, everything I've read says it could be an allergy or form of cold sore. I've never had allergies OR cold sores (I'm 37), so I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is that I was drinking kombucha tea (GT's) on or around the time I noticed symptoms. I do that a lot, but this time I accidentally swallowed a baby scoby. Almost grossed me out, but I swallowed anyway, since I was driving and couldn't spit it out. Could that be it? Oh, the other new thing I've done is get Rescue Remedy by Bach. I think I had already started symptoms by that time, but can't be sure.

Thanks!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.