Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm going a little nuts over here and am hoping someone can help...
I always swore I would never ask a question like this on a public forum, but desperation does crazy things to a woman.
(TMI - sorry)
My yoni is *burning*, burning, burning. I've had yeast infections before, but I'm ashamed to say it was so long ago, I can't remember what it felt like, exactly. This is mostly an external thing, with some random mustard coloured discharge that may or may not be related. No white marks, funny smells or chunks. Ah, good times. So, yeast? Maybe? I tried an acidophilus capsule internally the other night, but it hasn't helped. I'm taking them orally though. Can I fix this with a diluted vinegar wash-type thing? How dilute do I make it? How fast can I expect relief?
The worst part is that we're ttc, and I'm fertile right now, but not loving the idea of dtd, or of mucking with things and making them even more inhospitable to sperm (which already have enough problems!).
Thanks for any input.
Katia.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I rarely have the typical cottage cheese type discharge when I get a yeast infection - just terrible redness and burning. So, it could be yeast. However, bacterial infections can also cause burning. I would try to treat myself for yeast first (yogurt inserted vaginally for a couple of nights, tto on a cotton tampon, etc)... but read these warnings first. See first link below.
http://health.yahoo.com/topic/sexual...thwise/hw89543
http://www.msu.edu/~eisthen/yeast/yourself.html

If those things don't work, then I would be seen and cultured for a bacterial infection.

HTH,

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can try sitting in a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with about 6 inches of warm water in the bath. That shouldn't make it to bad for the spermies and should give relief quickly. Is it possible though that it is a uti? Since it's burning. YI's usually are itchy and with a cottage cheese looking discharge. A Uti usually will burn and it hurts to pee and is very uncomfortable. I hope uo feel better!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts