Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can never burp my dd. Dunno what I'm not doing right, but she would not burp. It was not a problem in the beginning, 'cause she would never spit up, but now at 4 weeks she started spitting up after some feedings, and I still can't burp her. This night she spit up about half an hour after she ate (for a usual period of time, nothing too long at all) all over our bed. I had to change sheets.
What is your burping technique? Please chare!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
DD1 was never a big burper (but she rarely spit up either).

With DD2, I usually just set her on my knee and jostle it a bit while rubbing her back. DH puts her over his shoulder and gives her a firm back pat. Those are our two main methods. I prefer mine, it seems a bit gentler

That said, DD2 started spitting up pretty heavily at just under 4wks of age. That was when she started showing sensitivities to things in my diet (coffee, dairy, etc). There'd be other signs too so probably not your case but just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Our failsafe for the toughest burps was burping her (alternating patting firmly and rubbing the back) while walking up and down the stairs - the stairs always did the trick. Also, while rubbing the back, if possible, wrap your fingers around the sides (like thumb around one side and fingers around the other) and sort of *gently* squeeze as you rub up...that helps too. Good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.