Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
What I know want to know is who the heck are these people who are eating pesticides for $1000??!? I'm sorry...there is no amount of money or material posessions that could ever compel me to knowingly place my own life in danger for no greater good, simply for the delight of scientists who view me as a test tube, not a human being. Human experimentation with known toxins is one of the worst kind of evils I can think of.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
These experiments are "Nazi-style" only in someone's fervid imagination.

They're horrifying, yes. But the victims ... oops, I mean subjects ... are being paid for their participation. They're volunteering for this ... volunteering to be paid to hurt their bodies, but they're doing it of their own free will. Probably being made to sign a whole load of forms protecting the companies involved from liability as well.

The Nazis didn't ask for volunteers. Nor did anyone get paid for their participation. Probably didn't even get thanked. Mostly they just got dead.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Well there is alot of evidence that suggests there are Bush family ties to Nazism so no, this isn't surprising.

Grandaddy Prescott...yep.

Lets not forget the Order of the Deaths head ( which him and his
father and cousin john kerry) all belong to use Nazi symbols!
And they are also friends with the Bin Laden family.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
While I agree this is disgusting and disturbing, to compare paid test subjects to the victims of the Holocaust is ludicrous. Getting paid to do something terrible and stupid is not even in the same universe as being dragged out of your home, your children ripped from your arms and swung by their legs into lamp posts, their brains spilling into the street, and then herded to a concentration camp where you are tortured and starved, forced to help toss the dead bodies of your friends and family into huge pits to rot, and then - THEN! - brought into a hospital setting where, say, someone tries to impregnate you with dog semen. Not even close.

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaWindmill View Post
While I agree this is disgusting and disturbing, to compare paid test subjects to the victims of the Holocaust is ludicrous. Getting paid to do something terrible and stupid is not even in the same universe as being dragged out of your home, your children ripped from your arms and swung by their legs into lamp posts, their brains spilling into the street, and then herded to a concentration camp where you are tortured and starved, forced to help toss the dead bodies of your friends and family into huge pits to rot, and then - THEN! - brought into a hospital setting where, say, someone tries to impregnate you with dog semen. Not even close.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne D'Arc View Post

Thats exactly right.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by merpk View Post
These experiments are "Nazi-style" only in someone's fervid imagination.

They're horrifying, yes. But the victims ... oops, I mean subjects ... are being paid for their participation. They're volunteering for this ... volunteering to be paid to hurt their bodies, but they're doing it of their own free will. Probably being made to sign a whole load of forms protecting the companies involved from liability as well.

The Nazis didn't ask for volunteers. Nor did anyone get paid for their participation. Probably didn't even get thanked. Mostly they just got dead.

Thank you Merpk. As you may know, I am always irritated by the use of the word Nazi, except when accurate.

Please people, comparing this situation to what the nazi's did is insulting to the people who suffered at the hands of the real nazis.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post
Thank you Merpk. As you may know, I am always irritated by the use of the word Nazi, except when accurate.

Please people, comparing this situation to what the nazi's did is insulting to the people who suffered at the hands of the real nazis.
I totally agree. Thank you for saying this.

·
Banned
510 Posts
While no, it's not Nazi-esque, I'm sure we can all agree it's disgusting and horrifying. They are paid test subjects, they sign forms, of course, but even if it doesn't qualify as genocide, it does reek of social darwinism.

Think about it. Who is going to take a paltry $1000 to ingest known toxins, risk their life for such a small sum of money? People who have extremely, very little money, and probably a family they want the money to go to. People who are willing to end up severely disabled or dead to help their families or friends. Either that, or they are "undesirables" - still people of a lower socio-economic class. Drug addicts, prostitutes, the homeless..... it's not like Johnny Condo is signing up for these experiments.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
On the other hand an administration that seems to WANT to keep poor people as poor as possible so they ARE this desperate, well, that's different than just taking advantage of poor people. Creating the desperation and then abusing it is a bit more evil.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post

I know "Nazi" is used to randomly describe anything considered bad, and it's highly inappropriate. However, I think the word can apply here. This kind of non-therapeutic experimentation shows a similar attitude to human beings. The Nazis did not start out with death camps; they began by doing experiments, forced sterilization, and other procedures on people deemed inferior; then it escalated. There are certain parallels between the early days of the Nazi party and the current administration.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabadger View Post
I know "Nazi" is used to randomly describe anything considered bad, and it's highly inappropriate. However, I think the word can apply here. This kind of non-therapeutic experimentation shows a similar attitude to human beings. The Nazis did not start out with death camps; they began by doing experiments, forced sterilization, and other procedures on people deemed inferior; then it escalated. There are certain parallels between the early days of the Nazi party and the current administration.

No, not the same thing. First of all, these people are volunteering. Please, talk to a hoolcaust survivor and I think you will be enlightened on the difference.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne D'Arc View Post

....or Skull and Bones, not "Order of the Deaths head". Also, Kerry and Bush are not cousins.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.