Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
I was beginning to wonder if, for example, anyone found it utterly breathtaking that Bush would cite the recent report showing that Saddam had essentially NO arms program as shoring up proof that Iraq posed a real threat and the war in Iraq was justified. When I read that story over the weekend, my mouth was just opening and shutting, with no words coming out.

These people need to be forcibly removed from office. Why is not everyone SO SHOCKED that they don't go immediately to Washington, bodily pick up each and every member of the present Administration, and summarily boot them from the White House???

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AmyB
Some of us are hoping that the democratic process in this country still functions well enough so that a free and fair election in 2004 will bring about a bloodless regime change. I am trying hard to have faith that the American people will do the right thing and vote against Bush's "Great Unraveling".
Others of us have become too cynical to believe this. But I'd love to be surprised!

Quote:
However, rumors are flying that the Bushies are planning to steal the next election by using skewed electronic voting machines that leave no paper trail (no paper, no recount)

Perhaps instead of storming D.C. we citizens ought to be begging for ouside observers to monitor the 2004 elections.
Given my ignorance of the technical issues involved, how would monitors be helpful in ensuring free and fair elections if skewed electronic voting machines that left no paper trail were used? Would the monitors need to check the code on each and every machine to ensure that they weren't rigged? Does anyone know?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.