Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I knew my boobs were going to get bigger (they sure have) and tender (no touchy!) but I wasn't prepared for them to be all ready for nursing just yet!!

It seems that I have one over achieving duct that is regularly leaking something and extra tender. As soon as it is all out, it's not so tender with no signs of swelling, redness or general infection, but then it starts all over the next day.

Seven more months of this.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My boobs don't seem to have gotten the message that I am pregnant yet. I think it's because I'm still nursing, and I'm quite happy that they aren't sore because my two year old nursling is a twiddler! I think I remember this same thing happening during my last pregnancy, when I was still nursing my oldest. I seem to have gotten extra nausea and exhaustion though, just to balance everything out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Haha, if you'd asked me a couple weeks ago I could have cried from the sensitivity! (code for pain? Oh maybe...) Thankfully, in my last pregnancy when my breasts became very sore early on I found that buying a new, very soft and stretchy bra helped immensely. And this time all I had to do was pull it off the shelf, within a few days it was vastly improved.

I'm also (once again) still nursing but it seems I'm making more milk suddenly. My 'baby' being 18 months, she was down to nursing a few times a day and there was no noticeable letdown or fullness with milk lately. Until the last few weeks - and that's the part that hurts, the letdown! Once she's nursed it's better... Don't remember this from last time, but my nursling was quite a bit older and nursing less frequently last time.

I have heard of someone getting a clogged milk duct mid-first-pregnancy - eek! A bit of a challenge to resolve with no baby to help, but lots of massage and hot and cold compresses.... Hopefully you'll just have a little leak for a bit and nothing more!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lefty has got this pregnancy thing on lock down (no leaking or anything at this point, but tender and kinda "heavy" feeling?) However. Righty is just hanging out like everything is normal business. Get in the game, Righty!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boobs don't seem to have gotten the message that I am pregnant yet. I think it's because I'm still nursing, and I'm quite happy that they aren't sore because my two year old nursling is a twiddler! I think I remember this same thing happening during my last pregnancy, when I was still nursing my oldest. I seem to have gotten extra nausea and exhaustion though, just to balance everything out.
My son was nursing at 19 months when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter before it got unbearable. It was just to sleep and I never offered if he didn't ask so I decided I would only "allow" him to nurse for a set time before sleep. The first time, I sat down, started counting off the painful seconds in my head and by the time I got to 10, my son popped off, smiled and said "No more nurning" and that was that.

Yesterday at Crossfit, I kept hitting my boobs with the bar doing clean and jerks which means my form was EXCELLENT and the girls are bigger than ever :lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine have heard a rumor of pregnancy, but they are waiting for confirmation or something. Just twinges and sensitive nipples (I like hot, high powered showers and that's been challenging . . .). They're pretty big already, H cup, so I'm hoping that growth will be kept to a minimum. Big bras are expensive!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sonuva biscuit, now I have a "blister" in the other nipple. Breastfeeding better go like, so smooth with all the trouble I've had already!

·
Registered
75 Posts
My husband and I are both noticing that my girls have gotten HUGE. I'm already a D cup, I don't need to be huger, but here we are. For some reason I thought it would happen much later in pregnancy and wasn't quite expecting this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts