Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I had DS at home in the kiddie pool, the floor was blown up and everything. But I was still uncomfortable. It was sitting on hard wood floors and it hurt my bum. Has anyone ever put a pillow under the pool where you planned to sit and did it make a difference. I was temped to buy the more expensive pools this time, cause I was guessing the floor would be thicker/ puffier and support my laboring bum better. But I went with the kiddie pool instead.
So do you think the pillow idea will work?

·
Registered
906 Posts
We put a folded quilt under ours which covered the entire bottom of the pool; I don't know if a pillow underneath the pool would be such a good idea since it might put too much strain on the bottom of the pool in the area that is stretched around it.

I've heard of some people using gardening kneeling pads in the bottom (inside) of the pool, or a square of foam if the bottom is really hard.

Best wishes!
Jen

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Trying laying blankets under the pool. It will also help absorb any water that might spill out. You might also consider an inflatable ring to sit on. I don't really care to sit in the pool. I always kneel but I would think that would feel good.

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
A lot of people put foam egg crates under the birth pool.

Personally that is one of the main reasons I am going with an actual birthing pool vs a kiddie pool. I have hardwood floors as well.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
A lot of people put foam egg crates under the birth pool.
This is what we did. I used a La Bassine the first time and a BPIAB the second time, and the first time had the foam egg crates (don't think I needed them with the BPIAB, but I honestly don't remember). I was very comfortable, they weren't very expensive, and we used them on the guest bed afterwards.

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romana9+2 View Post
This is what we did. I used a La Bassine the first time and a BPIAB the second time, and the first time had the foam egg crates (don't think I needed them with the BPIAB, but I honestly don't remember). I was very comfortable, they weren't very expensive, and we used them on the guest bed afterwards.
Was the La Bassine not padded enough on the bottom? That's the pool I was planning on getting, but I keep wavering between that and BPIAB.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I haven't given birth, so take this with a grain of salt.

When I really want to pamper myself, I take a thick bath towel into the tub with me for a bubble bath. I lay it down underneath me (and I'm v. careful getting in and out) and then sit/lay on top of it. I feel as though I'm sitting on the clouds of heaven itself!

I'd test it out in the bath tub-- may be folding it a few times over would give a better cushion, but since the whole thing is sopping wet, it really forms to your body well.

The only problem is that it is really slippery, and you have a sopping wet bath towel that you have to wash/dry afterwords.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a fishy pool and the bottom was inflatable, very comfy. But we also had a rug under it. Maybe you could get a cheap area rug to go under yours? I'm sur eyou could get one on Craig's List or something.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by texmati View Post
I haven't given birth, so take this with a grain of salt.

When I really want to pamper myself, I take a thick bath towel into the tub with me for a bubble bath. I lay it down underneath me (and I'm v. careful getting in and out) and then sit/lay on top of it. I feel as though I'm sitting on the clouds of heaven itself!

I'd test it out in the bath tub-- may be folding it a few times over would give a better cushion, but since the whole thing is sopping wet, it really forms to your body well.

The only problem is that it is really slippery, and you have a sopping wet bath towel that you have to wash/dry afterwords.

That sounds truly amazing! I think I'll try that the next time I get a free second for a solo bath. I birthed in our tub, and that would have helped immenseley on my knees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.