Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i've eliminated dairy from my diet because of some skin problems DS was having, and that seems to have helped. i know i can use olive oil or canola oil for some things, but i'd really like to find a butter substitute for those times when you need the consistency of butter.

does anything exist that isn't full of chemicals? i don't want margarine because i know that's not healthy, but if there's something else that works like butter i would really like to use it at times! please help

carrie

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
For baking coconut oil works very well and has the same consistency as butter. Also Earth Balance margarine is non-hydrogenated and works well for baking or on toast as well.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Another vote for earth balance(I think they even sell it organic now) It works just like butter in baking, cooking, and spreading (I even think it tastes better) It's made out of pressed oils and also has omegas in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.