Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a bed from a local company in early August and was told that I would be called with the delivery date within a day or two. After about a week with no call, I finally went back into the shop to find out what had happened and to see if I could find out the date I might be receiving my new bed. I was promised that I would be called back that day with an anticipated delivery date. After no calls for another week, I went back in a third time and was told once again that I would be called back that day. Finally two days later, I was called to be told that I could expect delivery of my bed on August 30.

Well, fast forward to delivery day, I watched as the delivery people brought my new mattress and boxspring into my apartment and realized that the boxspring was the wrong one. I had ordered a special 4 inch thick boxspring, and this one was much taller (turned out to be 10 inches). I called immediately and was told that it would be switched as soon as they could get the correct boxspring in the store. I received a call a couple of days later saying that it would take two weeks maximum.

Fast forward once again to today (three weeks later).... Still no phone call, still no replacement boxspring, and yesterday I just realized why my back has hurt for three weeks now...

I had noticed that my bed was extremely lumpy and uncomfortable and was told by the store that putting a bed on the floor rather than on one of their platforms could make it feel like there was a ridge down the middle and make it uncomfortable. (It is a king, so has a split foundation) I believed them and figured I was destined to have a lumpy bed as I really wanted an extremely low to the floor bed because I sleep with my son who is just starting to crawl. I flipped the mattress over (it is a latex mattress) and noticed that the mattress actually has a removable zippered cover and part of the inner mattress cover had slipped way down to the middle of it and was all bunched up into a huge ball, making the lumps in my bed that I had been attributing to it being on an uneven floor. I upzipped it, straightened out the inner cover, and the mattress was super comfortable.

Anyway, to make a way too long story shorter, here are the main problems:

1. Original delivery date was very hard to pin down
2. Set up of the new bed was done wrong, as the mattress was all squished underneath.
3. The wrong boxspring was sent.
4. Delivery date of the replacement boxspring has passed with no phone call from store.

What would you do at this point? I am so frustrated... I have never spent this much money on a piece of furniture in my life and to have it so totally messed up. Am I over-reacting? I feel like two months is a long time to wait to have this fixed. Grrrrrrr.....

P.S. Hope this is the right forum for this!

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
how did you pay for it? If you used a credit card, I would call the CC company and let them know. Usually they are very helpful in terms of getting good customer service. Then I'd let the mattress palce know that you've alerted your CC co that they have not fulfilled the transaction and that if they do not resolve the boxspring issue within X days (I'd say 5, personally) that you will be initiating a chargeback with your CC co.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade View Post
how did you pay for it? If you used a credit card, I would call the CC company and let them know. Usually they are very helpful in terms of getting good customer service. Then I'd let the mattress palce know that you've alerted your CC co that they have not fulfilled the transaction and that if they do not resolve the boxspring issue within X days (I'd say 5, personally) that you will be initiating a chargeback with your CC co.
I used my debit card, I wonder if this works the same way? I also worry that if I do a chargeback that they will not bring the correct boxspring. I really, really want a low to the ground bed, as DS is soooooo close to crawling. I want him to not have far to fall for if/when he decides that he can go over the edge.

I am so bummed, as this is a local company, and I really believe in shopping locally, and they generally have a really good reputation.

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Yes, you can contest a charge as fraudulent w/ your debit card. We had to do it with a sink we ordered off of ebay that was sent to our wrong address,even though I changed it at the time of order. Long story short, 2 mos later we had no sink and were out $250 and paypal wasn't moving along w/ its investigation. WE contested it, got our money back, and the bank didn't say boo. Of course, we ruined that paypal account, but it's easy to get a new one.

Do it! Don't wait much longer! They fraudulently gave you the wrong boxspring. You may even have time to return the whole stupid bed and order from someone else!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.