Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started acupuncture last week, and I wanted to add Chinese herbs to the mix. My acupuncturist doesn't dispense herbs, so I've been looking at places on line. I'm using The Infertility Cure as a guide, but I'm still confused as to what I should buy. Does anyone know of a place that maybe I could call and tell them my diagnosis and they can help me buy the right herbs. I'd even do the prepared herbs, but I guess I just need someone to talk to. I haven't been able to find anyone locally to help me, so I'm feeling kinda lost. Any help or advice would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I've done both acupuncture and taken Chinese herbs. I'm able to get them at the acupuncture clinic that I go to, but you said that wasn't possible for you. Are you able to go to a TCM clinic (Traditional Chinese Medicine)? Depending on where you live they may even have a TCM college where you can see interns who are supervised by TCM Drs at a reduced rate.

My TCM Dr has prescribed pills, powders, and herbs that I boil into teas. The tea is supposed to be the most powerful, but be advised that the tea and the powders taste nasty. They are drinkable, but take some getting used to. I can't suggest any particular herb because I was prescribed different combinations based on what was going on in my body at the time. With TCM they look at your tongue and feel your pulses.

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.