Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my newborn stash used for practical purposes (i.e. $$, the short amount of time they are in them, and this being baby #4 I don't expect to do this again
).

I am wondering how many of you have bought off of ebay. Was it a good experience, bad, should I buy used from the MDC TP or is there no difference. $$ is so tight here, I want to make a wise decision and it is easy for me to get overwhelmed. So, thought I would ask those who know!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I use Ebay but not all the time, just if I see something that I just have to have. For the most part it has been a good experience but there have been a couple of times were I was disappointed.
I prefer to shop on the TP, most of the time mamas list things PPD so you don't have to worry about adding in shipping and I really trust the ladies on here to describe what they are selling acuratly. Plus, alot of them are willing to take offers or trades. I know that I have been willing to do things like that. For me, TP is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
We had a bad ebay diaper experience...the items were described as "very good condition" but when I got them there were stains on the dipes, pinholes and the elastic was shot. I guess my definition of vgc differs from that seller.
:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I would probably TP it before I would Ebay it. But I have never had a bad experience on Ebay. But at least here, you know that the poster is around and you can ask any question you would like about the dipes.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I have only bought two diapering things off of ebay:
A Kiwi Pie that I got for a deal.... (a tie-dye one that went for like $17.00)
And a BBH newborn fitted.

Both things are great. The KP is especially great because it was so inexpensive, and it is SO lovely.

I like ebay, personally.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I like the TP, too...but you also have to deal with the hyena factor there. At least on ebay, everyone has a chance, as long as the item doesn't go too high. I also have gotten a few crappy things off the Trading Post and I have felt too bad about leaving bad feedback because I "know" the mamas, you know?

Don't get me wrong, I still love the TP....most of my CD stash is from there. But it has its pros and cons, too.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have had the best luck selling my used cloth on ebay--so I definitely have no complaints about it. I always seem to miss out on what I am looking for here on the tp or other fsot diapering boards that I frequent.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtn. mama
Ummmm, what the *** is the hyena factor?
:LOL The "hyenas" may come and pounce on it before you even see it listed on the Trading Post.

For example, if I listed a Kiwi Pie on the Trading Post right now, you probably wouldn't have a chance to get it....someone would beat you to it. But on ebay, everyone has the same chance (unless it has a BIN option or goes really high.....like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW )

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think good deals can be found on both. On eBay I only go for sellers with great feedback, preferably alot of it. The only negative experience I've had with eBay dipes is a swim dipe set I bought was a different size than advertised, but I got it super cheap and it still fit baby. I've yet to have a negative experience on the TP

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I've bought on both the TP and ebay. Had good experiences at both places. I think there is more of an understood honesty here at the TP whereas ebay they can sort of be vague and charge extra shipping. You can be assured that the mas selling on the TP have used diapers where on ebay some people just pick up dipes and sell them, they can't really know the condition because they aren't diaper conisseurs like tha mas here. There are plenty of people on ebay selling brand new diapers for slightly less. I got some wonderful ME OS for 5.50 each on the TP.
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts