Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
wow...this post is weird to me.

why?

Because this weekend it was hotter than hell (everywhere in the us) and I decided to have DS watch a movie indoors with me so we could avoid the heat. I got The Right Stuff. Son loved it and it got me thinking about the astronauts and then I started to google them...and I found several sights that indicated Gordon Cooper saw UFOs. He was obsessed with it.

I also think Neil Armstrong saw one.... but I started to think about it this weekend and then to see this OP...well, I do wonder about it all...

and on a side note I noticed the UFO thread in TAO yesterday....and for those who care astrologically there are huge astro patterns happening between 2008-2012 and it made me wonder if we are going to get unequivocable sightings then.......

just an odd weekend.....

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Psychic Sylvia Browne predicts that in year 2010 aliens/ UFO's will make themsleves known and will explain and demonstrate how they used pyramids and other stuff to document and navigate. She also has an outline for the next 100 years...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starr
Psychic Sylvia Browne predicts that in year 2010 aliens/ UFO's will make themsleves known and will explain and demonstrate how they used pyramids and other stuff to document and navigate. She also has an outline for the next 100 years...
I love Sylvia.... here's her predictions

http://www.sylvia.org/home/2000plus.cfm

Check out # 13

·
Registered
495 Posts
Unbelievable. There's been so much around about ufo's lately. The show on HC made me wonder ( the one about mexico or a country in SA, can't remember which) . Even if we were blown to oblivion, it would be so cool to know they were out there before it happened.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
i have seen footage of the Mexico City UFO's.
It happened during a solar eclipse in the late 80's...

my friend produced a tv show about it. The footage she had was amazing.

fwiw- I have not seen a UFO.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have seen them many times. They are spiritual beings who are a lot more advanced than us. They are psychic.

But then, hey, I have seen and heard ghosts, so I must be a nutter!

·
Registered
565 Posts
From Sylvia's site - this was my favorite:

Quote:
Babies will be birthed in water all the time, with music, incense, and green and lavender lights.
Wouldn't THAT be nice!

·
Banned
3,341 Posts
I've often thought that the best way to announce the prescence of aliens to the public without panic would be a good decade or so of brainwashing by the media. Hence the recent spate of alien based movies, (MIB, Independence Day etc.. Ok so those weren't recent but the tv shows are) tv shows, etc.

Then when the big announcement is made, we will be less likely to panic.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
I'm hoping Stargate is based on fact
(seriously, it would be cool, but I'm not so much of a geek to think it IS) and we can link with millions of other planets and aliens..... vacationing on the ringed moons of some tropical planet far away....ahhhhh.......

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't see why its such a wacky idea to think that in a universe of infinate space with infinate possibilites that there is not intelligent life. I personally liked Doulgas Adams' (Hitchikers Guide) idea that with infinate space and infinate possibilities all commercial goods commonly used like screwdrivers are grown somewhere in the universe. Like the mattress planet. Open up the stargate and lets go pick a nice, freshly grown mattress.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly81
I love Sylvia.... here's her predictions

http://www.sylvia.org/home/2000plus.cfm

Check out # 13
Ooh, 13 and 20 sound very nice!

I saw a UFO while I was up BFing ds when he was two or three weeks old. It was the first time I had seen one. Our bed faced out the window, and the blinds were open, and it looked like it was flying low, a brightly glowing gold sphere.

I just hope they're friendly. I do believe there is life out there...in this huge, vast universe so big that we don't even have a clue where it ends...we can't be the only ones.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I'm firmly in the "I want to believe" camp. I just have trouble believing that intelligent (alien) life has been seen on Earth in modern times.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
SirPentor, you should read Shirley MacLaine's book "Out on a Limb"....a fascinating story about people she met who have met and talked to beings from other planets.

By the way, I have never seen an alien person or being. I have seen their ships though.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I always think about this in terms of mathematics. NASA says that if everyone on earth was given 6 stars, we would still have more stars in the universe left over.

Then think that each of those stars theoretically has a gravitational orbit with corresponding planets.

Our sun has at least ONE planet with life.

What is the mathematical probability that we are the ONLY planet amongst all those possible planets with life? Fairly near impossible, imo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts