Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found out today that i am pregnant!!! it's way super early though, i'm only 10 DPO. but anyway. in our fervour to try to have this baby, we DTD more times than usual! lol and we used to do withdrawal, so obviously that changed too. so now i have what i think is a mild case of vaginosis. i went to the doctor today for it and she said that she's not sure that it is it, she doesn't really think so,, but if it is, she won't treat it until 12 weeks. she said that the meds can cause defects so she just plain will not treat me. but i had heard that BV can cause miscarriages, which she confirmed. but i basically have to weigh the risks. and i will obviously take my chances and not treat until later in my pregnancy. she said if it's a mild case, it can just run it's course and go away on its own.<br><br>
is that true? basically, my symptom is a strong smell. nothing else. i have discharge, but it doesn't seem out of my normal CM. so what else could it be? just an irritation that will go away?<br><br>
i don't want to lost this baby! i want it so bad. i am hoping that it's just some random hormone thing and that the smell will just go away on its own. what can i do to facilitate that?<br><br>
thanks for any advice you all may have!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've never had BV, but are you sure what you're experiencing is not just the normal discharge associated with pregnancy? Because of the hormones now coursing through your veins, it's normal to pass discharge that doesn't necessarily look like your average CM. In my case, it's varied in texture and color, and for some people, it can have a stronger -- even musky -- scent. Perhaps that's what you're experiencing?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had a bacterial Infection *im not sure if thats the same, i think it is* when I found out I was pregnant too. Dr didnt seem to worried, just mentioned we need to keep our eyes on it so it doesnt come back. He treated me with an internal gel at 9 weeks and it was gone within a day. I did the regimen for 5 days, and havent had any symptoms yet. I am 15w1d now.<br>
Best of luck to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts