Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this terrible neighbor who hates us because, once in a while my kids will open the front door, and our dogs will run out and pee on the neighbor's yard. She's always telling me that there's a leash law (yes, I know, but I don't keep my dogs on leashes IN THE HOUSE) and she's going to call the police. We have 3 really sweet dogs who are all licensed and simply enjoy peeing in a different yard, I don't know.

Anyway, her... bf? dh? someone... is out in their driveway working on their car, playing the music SOOOOOOOOOOO LOUD that my house is actually bouncing a little from the bass. And I have 3 kids trying to nap, and I'm also trying to nap. So, I called the police to report excessive noise. We live in a small town where nothing much happens so I know there will be about 60 cop cars out there in a matter of minutes.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I can't wait to hear what happens next!

My mom always had great neighbors behind her, then some people moved in and then another family moved in next to their backyard. Both neighbors became friends and are always having parties with loud music and huge bonfires! Anyway, my mom won't call the cops but the rest of the neighborhood do. Her next door neighbors are selling their house and she said if more partiers move in, she is done! I hate the neighbor horror stories.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hee hee! You go! They should know better than to mess with a pregnant woman at nap time!!

We are pretty lucky, most of our neighbors are great. We do have a set of ******** next door though. He wears those plaid shirts with the arms cut out and drives a really loud truck - which he used one day to pull out a shrub in the front yard. Seriously. I don't even know his name, we just call him Bubba.
But aside from the truck and occasionally cranking Rush Limbaugh when they are out in the yard, even they aren't too bad.

·
Registered
890 Posts
As you know I'm a nanny and occasionly their german shepard gets out. One time he was in OUR yard barking and the neighbor came to complain.

Then a few weeks later when I was off work one of the boys left the fence open and the dog got out. Their neighbor came over with a baseball bat!!!

Yet their cat is allowed to terrorize the dog WTF.

Sorry Yuma you reminded me of this...

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Oooh, I want to hear, too. I live in the middle of a cow farm, these neighbor stories are part of the reason I do. I do have neighbors that I can see from my house, but when their animals get out it's rarely into our yard, and I know my kitten doesn't go that far as to get into theirs.

Sometimes the cows break the electric fence and get into our yard, but they trim the grass and fertilize my garden, so I don't care too much.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No real drama, I hid by the window and watched the police go there, and they turned down the music.

And btw, another neighbor JUST had a baby via scheduled c-s a week ago, so I'm sure I wasn't the only one who didn't appreciate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.