Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Michigan and it gets pretty cold here – typically when I go out with DS I’ll take him out of his catseat and pop him into a sling – but now that it’s getting chilly I’m not sure what to do between my coat bulk messing up my sling fit and his “was in a car seat, can’t wear a coat, will freeze without blankets” situation – how do I get from the car to where I’m going?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wear my daughter and just wear the sling UNDER my coat. I keep it on while driving then just pop her into the sling and toss a baby blanket over her. (is that clear? she rides in the CARSEAT, but I pop baby into sling when I get out)

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I don't wear a coat. I layer and I layer DD, and then we wrap. A fleece cape overall keeps the heat in.

DD and I camped in the snow two weeks ago and I wore no coat the whole time. Very warm and cozy. Technical or wool base layer, two t-shirts (one short-sleeve, one slong), sweater, and heavier wool outer sweater is a typicakl winteroutfit for me. I take off layers indoors as needed. Also wool long johns.

DD wear a t-shirt, a dipe, babylegs, socks, a long romper and a sweater. For outdoors she wears a furry but lightweight coverall from Old Navy with hood, mitts, and feet as well as a fleece hat.

Layers are the answer!

We'll see how it lasts when it gets really cold, but last winter I never got a maternity coat--just layered up and had a cheap wal-mart flannel as my outer layer, so I think it'll work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts