Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My toddler has been very, very attached until recently and I'm wondering if this is a normal development?  Just in the last few days, almost every time I try to engage with him he pushes me away and says "bye bye mommy!" then seems happy when I back off.  Until now he has always wanted me right next to him 100% of the time, playing whatever game he is into, or just being very near even if he was exploring something on his own.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At the same time he is also suddenly not wanting me to carry him anywhere (he wants to walk), he also won't let me lay him down to put on a diaper or clothes.  Instead he wants to stand up and help me get him dressed.  All of this suggests it is a new stage in his independence but it is also sort of hurting my feelings!  Silly I know. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mostly I'm just wondering if this is a normal development and would love some reassurance. </p>

·
Registered
139 Posts
<p>How old is he? Did he just start walking and discovering he can do things by himself? My kids have both been through stages of extreme separation anxiety (like not even wanting to be put down for a sec) to not wanting me to ''see'' them doing their thing (this is what DS1 is doing now, but he's 5, so I guess this is an independence thing).</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts