Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a VBAC but for you never know what might happen.<br><br>
For some reason I jsut have this sinking fear this babe will be breech. I had my c/s with my son..never even anticipated it but now that this is baby 2 I know I need to think ahead for the what ifs.....

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I am also planning a vbac. But, just in case...<br>
I have hired not only a midwife (four hours drive away) for a normal, healthy delivery, but also an OB (local) for emergency situation.<br>
I have a doula. Am taking Bradley classes.<br>
I wrote a birth plan, including c-section scenario. May or may not actually discuss it with doc ahead of time, but it helped me to get my wishes out on paper like that.<br>
I have also totally overdosed on info regarding the first c-section. Got copies of my records, read through them, researched everything I didn't fully understand. Researched some more. Wrote my birth story. Spoke with OB, midwife, and doula about my feelings about it. Researched some more.<br>
Joined ICAN mailing list (there isn't a local chapter here).<br>
I realize that another c-section may not be avoidable, but if it does happen again, it won't be because of my ignorance of what is truly necessary like the last time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am doing many of the things stafl mentioned. Lots of research, ICAN, writing birth plan (including a C/S posibility - something i never even let myself think of before). Doula, eating healthy, optimal feotal positioning, chiropractics.<br><br>
Also studying hypnobabies and doing birthing from within art. I really believe most of the work at this point is emotional/psychologica - for me learning to relax.<br><br>
I have stopped reading ICAN mailinglist stuff b/c for me it was too much - necessary for others definately to process and communicate - but i realised i was getting depressed and angry all the time. So for me preparation has been about absorbing info - now it is about tuning into myself. I am putting the books away - i think i got overinformed KWIM?? Now that my Tasks are done (research, birthplan, birthkit) I am just going to focus on relaxing and trusting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am doing many of the things stafl mentioned. Lots of research, ICAN, writing birth plan (including a C/S posibility - something i never even let myself think of before). Doula, eating healthy, optimal feotal positioning, chiropractics.<br><br>
Also studying hypnobabies and doing birthing from within art. I really believe most of the work at this point is emotional/psychologica - for me learning to relax.<br><br>
I have stopped reading ICAN mailinglist stuff b/c for me it was too much - necessary for others definately to process and communicate - but i realised i was getting depressed and angry all the time. So for me preparation has been about absorbing info - now it is about tuning into myself. I am putting the books away - i think i got overinformed KWIM?? Now that my Tasks are done (research, birthplan, birthkit) I am just going to focus on relaxing and trusting and opening.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have had two c/s. Of course, the first was unplanned. But the second for me was planned and in hind sight I am very lucky to have made that decision.<br>
Of course, my doctor had a copy of my 1st c/s operative report. But he must not have read it. I am pregnant with my 3rd and recently got copies of both c/s op reports. My first c/s was transverse (horizontally) and vertically!!! I should have never even heard the word VBAC come from my doctor about baby #2.<br>
I am still upset that my 2nd child's op report reads "refusal to attempt VBAC", but God was watching over me when I said I wasn't interested in a VBAC.<br>
Please get copies of your operative reports and read them. If you don't understand what you are reading ask for a specific explaination.<br>
I asked my doctor for number 3 about it and was shocked.

·
Registered
24,932 Posts
I had all of my babes at home, but I always had a backup hospital contingency plan because no one ever guarantees you anything.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am planning on a c-section at 39 weeks.I just hope I don't go into labor before that because my mom is flying in 2 days before I have baby #2 and without her, I don't have anyone to watch baby #1!<br><br>
Laura<br><br>
Jack 3-22-02<br>
DS#2 12-22-03

1 - 7 of 7 Posts