Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm scheduled for a c-section on Thursday at Northside.  I'm terrified.  I haven't even gotten to take a tour.  We just moved to the area....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone tell me about their c-section experience?  (I'm with Dr. Robbins.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to keep baby with you after the section, possibly get baby skin-to-skin before recovery?  Can my husband hold him in there with me, or will they make them go out?</p>
<p><br>
What is recovery like?  In your own room or in a ward?  Is baby likely to be able to stay with you there (as long as he's healthy!)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What about refusing things?  I'd rather him not get a bath until after I've held him, and I don't want the eye goop put in his eyes.  How do I avoid those?  Do I let them know that ahead of time?  DH is not going to be very active, I'm pretty sure.  He's a bit afraid of doctors.</p>

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
<p>what happened, i thought you were going for a vbac??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>they take the baby out while you are being stitched up.  husband goes with baby to recovery.  they do the bath and eye goop there.  you can refuse them but they pressure hard. </p>

·
Registered
900 Posts
<p>Why you would need eye goop in a c/s is beyond me, but yeah you can refuse whatever you want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How unfortunate that you didn't find a VBAC supportive provider. I can't imagine being new to the area and recovering from a c/s.</p>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>I'll have to get my husband to buck up some, then.  I'll start prepping him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I still have a couple of days to go into labor.  But I really do have a really big baby in here with a gigantic head and I'm tiny, and I'm 41 weeks, so I'm ready to throw in the towel if he doesn't make an entrance on his own by then.  I've had some pretty intense contractions today getting closer together, so I'm still hopeful.  I realize that just going into labor doesn't mean I won't end up with a section, though, and want to be prepared.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
<p>I thought you were due the 17th?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Small women can have big babies.  Also there is no way to truly know how big your baby is (even if they are basing it on a late ultrasound, the estimates can be off up to two pounds).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>They won't induce you at all?</p>

·
Registered
372 Posts
<p>I delivered twins at northside in march and if it wasnt for my <strong>great</strong> ob (Dr Dott) i would have ended up with a c-section.  They will pressure you into everything they want you to have...be warned</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts