Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I had a c/s 7/10 about 1 1/2 week later my bleeding pretty much stopped except I keep getting "gushes". It happens once a day and its red. The rest of the day nothing at all, I don't even need a panty liner except for the >1hr that I'm bleeding. I'm not bleeding though a pad and it doesn't smell foul. It just seems very odd to me.
This is my first c/s so I don't know if its normal, or if I should give the ob a call. Any advice would be appreciated

·
Banned
11,133 Posts
Bright red is 'new' blood and could be a sign of internal bleeding.
Just red or darkish red is normal. Even brownish red is normal.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
You probably should have bright red blood at this point, that is new blood. Older blood- darker and even brownish is normal. I bled for 3-4 weeks on and off after my c/s but it never was bright red nor did I have reall y big gushes after the first week. With as c/s they often suction your uterus somewhat to cut down on the lochia.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It sounds like perhaps you are overdoing it. I have bled for 4 to 6 weeks after both cesareans and in order to get it to stop I had to really MAKE myself take it really, really easy for a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.