Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
506 Posts
I was thinking about the pain from c-sections recently. I was lucky to not suffer much physical pain from my c-section, other than high discomfort for 4-6 weeks. My real pain from my c/s was emotional. It's been 3.5 years and the pain has subsided to a great degree but I will always have some regret over my son's lost birth.

I feel for the mama's who are beginning the journey of recovering from their c-sections. When my PPD hit me like a truck, 7 weeks post-partum, I found counseling helped for a short while. After that I needed to talk with people who felt the same way I did. Going to meetings of my local ICAN chapter helped immeasurably. I am where I am today (mostly healed from the c/s and planning my first HBAC) because of the generosity of the ICAN women.

· Registered
506 Posts
Its also important to let our partners mourn too. I asked DH if it was the happiest day of his life, and he told me it was...when he found out that I and the baby were ok.QUOTE]

That brings up an interesting topic. Several weeks ago I was talking with my son about his birth (who was born by c-section and is now almost 3.5 yo). He remembers his birth and the time afterward. He appears to be most traumatized by the time afterward. When we were talking, he became really teary and said he cried because he did not know where I was (I saw him for one minute in the operating room then we were not reunited for an hour - he screamed for the whole hour).

I am a huge proponent of talking with kids about things. I think we often forget to talk with babies but they are listening and understanding too.

· Registered
506 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vloky View Post
I am having a lot of trouble coping with my c-section which happened 10-09. It's like everything that could have gone wrong with my birth did. Thankfully I had no troubles breastfeeding once I got to hold my son 3.5 hours later. I was awake during the c-section then i turned purple and my pulse went to 180 and they put me under. I am still having slight pain and can't do much without hurthing. I also have a fistula due to them having me push for 5.5 hours before doing the c-section. (he got caught under my pelvic floor somehow and wouldn't come out..) And now my medicaid for being pregnant runs out the end of this month I have a catheter and am going to need surgery, so hopefully I qualify for medicad which I need to apply for or I am screwed. I just know once I feel better from my c-section is when I am going to be cut open again... My boyfriend is talking to lawyers and wants to sue, but I just want this nightmare to be over and I want me to be able to pee and not have to walk around with a bag of pee strapped to my leg.. If I cant get medicaid I wont even have the catheter and I'll have to go back to adult diapers. Thank god I have a mellow, calm, happy baby..
Oh mama, you are going through a lot right now. Good for you for reaching out and speaking up! I encourage you to check out ICAN (the International Cesearan Awareness Network) at www.ican-online.org. ICAN offers information but also a Yahoo group for discussion. You can also check the ICAN website for a chapter in your area. Your local chapter is where you can hook up with mamas in your area. They will be a good sounding board and can maybe help with options as you continue your recovery.

Sending healing wishes your way...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.