Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here who had a C-section still have pain and discomfort at your scar? Sometimes if I move funny, or pick something up and turn, it feels like my guts are going to fall out. I still get pain there, sometimes if I am constipated (sorry if TMI) or ovulating, or whatever.<br><br>
Is this normal? It's been 14 months since my surgery. I'd love to know if other people have this.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
yes, but since my vaginal birth I've had other problems which over shadow the c/s issues.<br>
first c/s 98, second c/s 02, hba2c 04 and 07

·
Registered
815 Posts
At nine months I'm still getting lots of stabs from it. I think some of the sensation is coming back in my numb area because it feels like somebody is experimenting with a cocktail skewer. It's like the opposite of an epidural... I feel no touch, but lots of cutting/stabbing-style pain.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so I guess I'm in the realm of normal here. It's just the weirdest sensation.<br><br>
I had the same skewer type of feeling when the nerves there started being more active. I have complete sensation there now, touch, everything.<br><br>
What are adhesions and why do they happen? Are they bad? Will they affect my future pregnancies? Vbacs? C-sections?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Sometimes when I sneeze, I feel pain in my left or right side. I don't remember this happening before my csection. I am wondering if that is related to my csection or it's just the muscles in my lower abdomen being stretched at that moment. Is there anyone else who has (or hasn't) had a csec that has experienced this?

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Ericswifey- that happens to me too sometimes. I dont know if its c-sec related.<br><br>
As far as adhesions, you get adhesions from any surgery. Its basically things sticking together in there as they heal. They are bands of scar tissue. It shouldnt really affect future pregnancies or births, including vbac, but they will probably cause pain as your uterus grows and stretches.<br><br>
hth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts