Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Taxes, and plutocratic policies? Richard Pan?

That number for congressional representation is from a year ago, April 2020. Californians are leaving in droves, pushing property prices up all over the nation. I asked for my med and dental records and the receptionist asked if I was moving also, since she gets five to ten requests a day!

I just paid $5.25.99 for a gallon of gas. I barely go anywhere anymore because I cannot afford it.

·
Registered
18,751 Posts

Taxes, and plutocratic policies? Richard Pan?

That number for congressional representation is from a year ago, April 2020. Californians are leaving in droves, pushing property prices up all over the nation. I asked for my med and dental records and the receptionist asked if I was moving also, since she gets five to ten requests a day!

I just paid $5.25.99 for a gallon of gas. I barely go anywhere anymore because I cannot afford it.
I really think you should flee while you can.

·
Registered
24,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is legislation to tax California refugees for ten years since many refugees made their fortunes working IN California.

Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
18,751 Posts
There is legislation to tax California refugees for ten years since many refugees made their fortunes working IN California.
And people who did not make their fortunes?

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
24,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The government of the State of California assumes that everyone owes them $, regardless. The state employees union and the elected officials are the biggest takers from the trough of tax $. There are horror stories of people who moved years ago getting delinquent tax bills for property, cars, and income. It is a nightmare.

·
Registered
18,751 Posts
The government of the State of California assumes that everyone owes them $, regardless. The state employees union and the elected officials are the biggest takers from the trough of tax $. There are horror stories of people who moved years ago getting delinquent tax bills for property, cars, and income. It is a nightmare.
Wow. I'm very glad I got out of California in 1980.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
24,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know of teachers who retire with full benefits for their family with 90% of their salary. One teacher I know was absent 3 days a week, for 30 years, working for her church! Apparently the union allows tenured teachers to take copious amounts of personal time. When she retired, she took her $ and moved to another state and her church helped to put her in a nice location, with her family and full benefits - so she is still being supported by her church and the taxpayers of the state of CA.

On average, teachers work five years and leave the profession. I worked 15 years in a private religious school. I have friends who worked 15 years for public schools and got no benefits or retirement from the union.

These union retirement agreements were forged during the dot.com boom in the late 1990s. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

This cannot be sustained. I appreciate people who work hard in a career, but we all work hard, not just state employees and school administrators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts