Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have info on this? I've heard it on tv and radio but haven't found a thing online. I heard (on npr) that the CA State Assembly was in such a rush to wrap up for vacation, they allowed Megan's Law to expire for the next year. I heard that Republicans wouldn't sign the bill for next year and Democrats didn't do anything to raise the issue.

That means CA residents, after the new year, will not be allowed to view the CD Rom at Sheriff's stations for the sex offenders in California. I hear that the data will continue to be collected, but CA residents won't be able to see it anymore.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Gosh I need someone to come clean my house and play with dd so I can take this thing up and fight it right. I have been so mad about this since last year when I went to the Sheriff's Station and was told I couldn't find out where they lived - only their face, offense and zip code!!! Protecting these people is OUTRAGEOUS.

Listen women - I am totally dead serious. WE need to PROTEST. I started collecting emails on line last year for this - got about 50 of 'em - now let's do this thing. let's get a thousand of us and MARCH. - Or more.

Who is with me - and who is Serious???

This will not change unless we yell. A LOT. We can get people like the Perri Klass group and others who will unite with us.

I am totally serious. Northern Cal and Southern Cal mamas, roll call!!

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Well we need to get plenty of mamas on board.

This means soliciting people, getting names, cities, emails, a phone network going.

Once that is done we set up a rude website - and we organize protests which I think would be most effective in Sacramento.

I have put many phone calls in to the people who "voted" to protect sex offenders in California and they all deny being able to take my call or do anything.

If we can get 100 names I think that's the pointwhere I call the Polly Klass org in Petaluma and we start something.

If I can get three other moms to help me solicit people I can instruct on how to do that and we can start.

Two So cal moms and one N cal would be great.

Anyone?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
T
I'm in Oregon, and it used to be that all police stations had the sex offender book out in the lobby where anyone could look at it. A few years ago, people were claiming that someone I was associating with was "a convicted sex offender" so I went to the station. The book was gone. I asked someone if I could see it. Turns out, they aren't making it avaibale to the public anymore; you can give them a name and they will look it up for you, which of course is not the same. If I were able to look at the book, I might see people in there that I may have not thought of before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.